Designing the interior of a home is fun and exciting; it brings out the creativity in you. Home interior designing and decorating, however, is more than knowing the color you want, the texture and materials to use. The task involves a lot of planning, knowing your aesthetics, and technical solutions such that the overall result match your personality and purposes of the space.
After all, you want your living space to be cozy and inviting when you come home tired from work. Employing the service of an interior design company, therefore, is a smart move for a perfect fit for your living space and your personality.
How the interior design you choose reflect your personality
Our personality is made up of many attributes and dictates our choices for color, patterns, and textures for a cozy and relaxing home. We may think that our choices of interior design and decorations we pick are “just right” and speaks about us until we see the impressions on the faces of our visitors.
We seldom give the result of our choices a thought except that they satisfy us. But, the design and decorations you choose are cues to our friends who visit us. When our friends see our living space, they begin to imagine how we live, what we do during our spare time, what our hobbies are and based on the cues they receive, they form conclusions about our personality. The question is, are their impressions based on what they see on our home interior correct?
Perhaps, you have everything that you want in place. But, the choices are still giving the wrong impression of who you really are. So, you take a step back, view the interior design objectively and ask, “Are your choices communicate who you really are?”
We often overlook the fact that not only does our home reflect who we are; they also reflect who we want to be. We add a fixture because we have always dreamed of owning one, like relaxing in a bathtub, only to find out busy schedule prevents us from realizing that dream. Or, we stuff our bookshelves with books we don’t read. All these cues give the wrong impression of who we are or who we would like to be.
You spent money to have your dream of a living space come true. If you are willing to spend, why not spend it on an interior design company that can help remove all the doubts about personality expression and your home interior design. You will discover that spending money on the expertise of an interior design company is less costly than doing the designing yourself. And, worth it.
When you plan to design or redesign your home, you are not only concerned with the beauty of your home, but you also give thought to its functionality and productivity. Investing in the services of an interior design company do wonders and works to your advantage.
Reasons for employing an interior design company
Many shy away from the services of an interior design company because they are afraid they will lose their personality and creativity over to the professionals. Others believe that professionals are expensive and not worth the time and investment. You will be amazed to find out that these are misconceptions and that employing the services of an interior design company is worth the trouble.
• Crystallizing conflicting ideas and themes. You do not live alone. Other household occupants may have different ideas of what a comfortable home should be which often clash with your own ideas. If you proceed without the assistance of a professional, you will end up with a home splashed with bits and pieces that clash. A professional is in the best position to fine tune your personal needs and requirements with that of the other members of the family.
• One-stop service center. Many interior design companies are like one-stop service center that are perfect for busy and budget-conscious people. These companies provide assistance from consultation, conceptualization of your ideas, project management; from supervision on tiling, plumbing to the final details of the project.
• Time-saving advantage. These companies act as the single point of contact for the duration of the project and after, which saves you from worrying about where and who to hire for contractors and workers. With a single point of contact, you do not have to take several trips to supervise the workers and check on the quality of work. The company experts are in the best position to check on work, re-do works that are not acceptable to you, and resolve problems immediately.
• Designer’s expertise and experience. Unless we know all there is to know about aesthetics and interior design, the expertise and experience of interior design companies’ professionals can tell us if our ideas are realistic. These professionals can provide us with alternative solutions, advise us where to go for sources that can add value to our purchases, and give us advice on artworks that blend with the design theme.
• Ingenious designs. If you happen to live in a small apartment with an odd-shaped layout, professional designers are ingenious in coming up with designs that maximize existing space and have customized multi-purpose fixtures appropriate for small space living. You don’t have to feel cramped living in a small space.
• Document processing. Document processing is the best part of employing the services of an interior design company. You would need approvals from concerned agencies when you plan to extend floor space or do extensions or alterations to a building. The company removes this tedious task from you and takes care of the documents from preparation to submission to approval on your behalf.
How you design your home and how it looks are but partial aspects on impact. For each choice you make, there are layers of meanings that reflect your personality and affect your living conditions and those of the other occupants of the home. It is, therefore, important that a pleasing living space is designed to give peace and satisfaction to both mind and body. After all, we need to relax and be cozy after a day’s work.